Part of my service is to create a total experience for my clients. In doing so I am constantly on the lookout for ingredients that have loads of flavor and pair up with what I am featuring! These items may be store bought, semi-homemade or homemade. I spend lots of time purchasing and tasting several versions to come up with what I think are the best! Many of you ask me where I purchase some of these items so here is the information.
Organic Cracker Bites actually come in 3 Flavors:
Rosemary Crackers can be purchased on line but if you haven’t checked out the Gourmet Food Section at World Market it is a must!
Nut Crumbs. It seems like the entire world is Gluten Free but finding items that taste like the real thing is really a challenge! Finally, a product that just tastes so delicious you don’t even know it’s Gluten Free. The Italian are my favorite:
Whenever I make a Casserole I always add a Crunchy topping so here is my Recipe….
Lemon Parmesan Herb Breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2cups Panko breadcrumbs * Also available in Gluten Free
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2cup grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 2tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoonlemon zest
- 4tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Combine rest of ingredients
- Sprinkle on top of casseroles or pan fry to top salads and vegetables
Cooks Note: Gluten Free Option replace Panko with Italian Nut Crumbs. These breadcrumbs Freeze beautifully make a big batch and keep them in the Freezer. Use them in your meatballs or breading for chicken and fish.