Part of my service is to create a total experience for my clients. In doing so, I am constantly on the lookout for items that have loads of flavor and pair up with what I am featuring! These items may be store bought, semi-homemade or homemade. I spend lots of time purchasing and tasting several versions to come up with what I think are the best! Many of you ask me where I purchase some of these items, so here is the information.
Calabrian Chili Paste – I use this to amp up the flavors for any Italian Meal.
Organic Cracker Bites – actually comes in 3 flavors, but these are the best.
Rosemary Crackers – can be purchased on-line, but if you haven’t checked out the Gourmet Food Section at World Market it is a must!
Nut Crumbs – it seems like the entire world is gluten free, but finding items that taste like the real thing is really a challenge! Finally, a product that just tastes so delicious you don’t even know it’s gluten free. The Italian are my favorite.
Whenever I make a Casserole I always add a Crunchy topping so here is my Recipe….
Lemon Parmesan Herb Breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs * Also available in Gluten Free
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1. Melt butter in microwave.
2. Combine rest of ingredients.
3. Sprinkle on top of casseroles or pan fry to top salads and vegetables.
Cooks Note: Gluten Free Option replace Panko with Italian Nut Crumbs. These breadcrumbs freeze beautifully! Make a big batch and keep them in the freezer. Use them in your meatballs or breading for chicken and fish.